Friday, January 13, 2012

Extended Meta-Two

Two poems from 5-10 minute extended metaphor exercises in the 8th grade Cre8iveWriting elective:

I Don't Do Dishes
I have been used by you time and again
Moistened by your tears, rolled up and then
Wiped across your life and smeared
With your selfishness. To others, I appeared
Sullied and wrung out, yet of my devotion you’d brag.

Fold me gently. Smooth my corners.
But, I feel like a limp dishrag.



Life On Track 
I am a train barreling down the track
Without reverse, no going back.
Occasionally slowing to feed its tanks,
Then regaining speed to rejoin the ranks
Of similar engines unable to turn,
No matter the fuel - just burn, baby, burn.
Fated to rocket down pre-determined path,
Unaltered by ecstacy, depression, or wrath.
Passengers hopping my cars as I pass
Some riding coach, others first-class,
Some left at the station, some attended with care,
All of them part of the ticketed fare.
Straight down the track to some final reward -
Enjoy the scenery. All aboard!
© Jeff Wilson, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment